Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
I got this recipe a real long time ago...like 25 years ago. I think I sent away to Hellmans asking for some recipes and this was one of them. It is absolutely moist and delicious. The flavors are outstanding especially with the cream cheese frosting. Can't be too bad for you right, it has carrots....must be healthy. Depends on who I am making this for I sometimes eliminate the walnuts.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup Hellmann's mayonnaise
- 1 (250 ml) can crushed pineapple (undrained)
- 2 1⁄2 cups carrots (shredded)
- 3⁄4 cup walnuts (chopped)
- Grease a 9 inch tube pan or 13 x 9 baking dish.
- Stir together first 5 ingredients in medium bowl.
- In large bowl beat eggs, sugar, mayonaise and pineapple until well blended.
- Gradually beat in the flour mixture to the egg mixture.
- Stir in carrots and walnuts if using and mix well.
- Pour into your pan and bake in 350 F oven 60 minutes for tube pan or 50 minutes for baking dish or until done.
- Cool, remove from pan and frost with cream cheese icing.
Delicious carrot cake, I baked this in two 8-inch round pans and both came out beautiful with a delicious flavor, the spices are perfect, thank you for sharing Bunny!