1/3 Photos of Heather's Pumpkin Bars W/ Frosting (Only 135 Calories!)
Brooke the Cook in WI's Note:
I love pumpkin bars, but hate the fat that is usually in them. You won't miss it here! There is not one drop of oil added to this recipe, moreover, it adds wheat flour for whole grain goodness and is reduced sugar. Makes a great big ban pan and a very good sized serving, each serving contains less than 140 calories and only 2g of fat! FYI - only 77 calories each if you omit the frosting.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup egg substitute (or egg whites to equal 1 cup)
- 1 cup Splenda granular
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 15 ounces pumpkin (one can)
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1Preheat oven to 350 and prepare 15x10x1 baking pan - I use a stone one for this recipe.
- 2Beat together sugars, applesauce, pumpkin and egg substitute in a large bowl.
- 3Sift together dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
- 4Mix dry ingredients into sugar mixture, mixing well.
- 5Pour into a 15x10x1 pan and bake for 23-27 minutes.
- 6Cool completely (overnight).
- 7Mix together icing ingredients, adding more milk if necessary. Spread over bars.
- 8After frosting has set, store bars in refrigerator between layers of parchment paper.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Heather's Pumpkin Bars W/ Frosting (Only 135 Calories!)
Serving Size: 1 (69 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 133.1
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 4.6 mg
- Sodium 167.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 15.7 g
- Protein 3.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: