Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I tried the Jessica Seinfeld recipe for brownies and thought they were very dry so I made my own recipe inspired by her idea for a healthy brownie. They are very moist and fudgy in texture. Give them a try! :)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Farenheit. Coat a 13x9 inch baking pan with grapeseed oil.
- Melt the chocolate in a double broiler in the microwave.
- In a large bowl, combine the melted chocolate, sweet potato puree, sugar, cocoa powder, grapeseed oil, and vanilla, and whisk until smooth and creamy, 1-2 minutes.
- (I use my Kitchen Aid mixer).
- Whisk in egg. Stir in flour, flaxseed meal, baking powder, and salt.
- Pour the batter and spread into the pan and bake 40 to 45 minutes. Cool completely and sprinkle with powdered sugar, cocoa powder, or frost with chocolate frosting if desired.
- (I love to frost mine).