Mom of 3 Boys's Note:
I tried the Jessica Seinfeld recipe for brownies and thought they were very dry so I made my own recipe inspired by her idea for a healthy brownie. They are very moist and fudgy in texture. Give them a try! :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Farenheit. Coat a 13x9 inch baking pan with grapeseed oil.
- 2Melt the chocolate in a double broiler in the microwave.
- 3In a large bowl, combine the melted chocolate, sweet potato puree, sugar, cocoa powder, grapeseed oil, and vanilla, and whisk until smooth and creamy, 1-2 minutes.
- 4(I use my Kitchen Aid mixer).
- 5Whisk in egg. Stir in flour, flaxseed meal, baking powder, and salt.
- 6Pour the batter and spread into the pan and bake 40 to 45 minutes. Cool completely and sprinkle with powdered sugar, cocoa powder, or frost with chocolate frosting if desired.
- 7(I love to frost mine).
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthy, Fudgy, Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (54 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 156.4
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 8.8 mg
- Sodium 137.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 10.2 g
- Protein 3.1 g