1/1 Photo of Healthy Everybody Awesome Cake
D Rusak's Note:
This weekend I am going home to celebrate my mom's birthday. As she has celiac's disease, I wanted to test out my gluten-free recipe before leaving with my coworkers. But then I remembered that one is on a diet, another doesn't eat chocolate, and I'm vegan to boot. So I figured, let's just make a cake that will make everyone happy. Notes: Make sure you have a large beet to shred. Don't worry, you won't taste it. In retrospect I realise that some people could have a soy allergy. Regular milk is easy enough to substitute, or you could just use plain old water. I was using the soymilk to replace a half cup of oil in another recipe. For a thinner batter, reduce the flour by 1/2 cup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Beat together egg replacer, water, vinegar, and baking powder until light and foamy.
- 3Add oil, soymilk, vanilla extract, and sugar and beat until blended.
- 4Add rice flour and carob powder gradually and beat.
- 5Fold in beets and pour into greased pan.
- 6Optional: before putting into oven, sprinkle sliced almonds over top of batter.
- 7Bake for 45 minutes at 350 or until an inserted pick comes out clean.
- 8Dust with confectioner's sugar.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthy Everybody Awesome Cake
Serving Size: 1 (83 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 291.2
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 185.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 22.6 g
- Protein 2.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Ener-G Egg Substitute