1/3 Photos of Healthy - Black Devils Food Cake
Starfire (aka Wendy)'s Note:
This is a realty way to get your devils food cake and eat it too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- vegetable oil cooking spray, 20 sprays
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, plus
- flour, for dusting pan
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 2/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup fat-free buttermilk or 1 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup strong coffee
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 13x9x2-inch pan with vegetable oil spray. Dust with flour; shake off excess. In a large mixing bowl, sift together flour, sugar, cocoa powder and baking soda. Whisk in applesauce, buttermilk and vegetable oil.
- 2In a small saucepan, bring coffee to a boil over medium-high heat. Stir gently into batter.
- 3Mixture will be soupy. Pour into pan. Bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Serve warm or let cool completely.
- 4Servings: 20.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthy - Black Devils Food Cake
Serving Size: 1 (59 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 133.7
- Calories from Fat 16
- Total Fat 1.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 188.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 17.5 g
- Protein 1.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: