1/2 Photos of Hawaiian Sunset Cake
From Quick Cooking magazine. Very tasty cake.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package white cake mix or 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package orange cake mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 (3 ounce) package orange gelatin
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1In a large mixing bowl, combine the first six ingredients; mix well.
- 2Pour into three greased and floured 9 inch round baking pans.
- 3Bake at 350F for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- 4Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 5In a bowl, combine the pineapple, sugar, coconut and sour cream.
- 6Remove 1 c. to another bowl
- 7set aside.
- 8Place one cake on a serving plate; top with one third of the remaining pineapple mixture.
- 9Repeat layers twice.
- 10Fold whipped topping into the reserved pineapple mixture.
- 11Spread over top and sides of cake.
- 12Sprinkle with toasted coconut if desired.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hawaiian Sunset Cake
Serving Size: 1 (192 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 737.5
- Calories from Fat 297
- Total Fat 33.1 g
- Saturated Fat 16.5 g
- Cholesterol 83.2 mg
- Sodium 551.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 106.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 92.1 g
- Protein 7.4 g