Cook1 hr 20 mins
Another great recipe - a pound cake - taken from a recent novel.
Make and share this Happy Cake ( Pound Cake ) recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 10" Bundt or tube pan.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter.
- Add sugar, vanilla and eggs, mixing well.
- Add milk.
- Sift dry ingredients and add slowly to mixture.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 1 hour and 20 minutes.
- Cool in pan 15-20 minutes.
- Remove and finish cooling on platter.
- Serve with fresh fruit or lemon curd.
What a wonderful pound cake recipe. Suggest to anyone trying it that you follow ingredients and instructions exactly as written. Keeps so well and improves with age - probably because of the butter and buttermilk. Thanks bakernurse - it's a winner.
Wonderful dessert! The texture was beautiful, with a soft moist inside & a slight crispness to the crust. I used a springform pan with bundt insert & sprayed it with non-stick spray for baking (no flouring the pan). It baked in the time stated & released easily from the pan. I did have to substitute bread flour for most of the cake flour & I made buttermilk with lemon juice & 2%. The cake is not overly sweet & was a huge hit with my family. I served it with Lemon Dessert Sauce, which is a nice compliment to the pound cake. It indeed made us "Happy". Thanks for posting, BakerNurse! Made & enjoyed for Fall 2008 Pick A Chef.