1/2 Photos of Ground Cherry Pie
1 hr 10 mins
Oliver & Fischer's Mommy's Note:
We bought ground cherries at our local farmer's market last weekend...They looked so interesting and had such a unique taste. After searching and searching, I found a few recipes for ground cherry pie. This combines the best of a few different recipes. We didn't have quite enough ground cherries to make a large pie, so I used a silicone cupcake mold and made mini pies. Delicious served alone or with icecream!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the pie crust
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, chilled and cut into cubes
- 4 -5 tablespoons ice water
- 1 teaspoon salt
For the pie filling
- 1Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- 2For the crust: Combine flour and salt in a food processor.
- 3Slowly add cubes of chilled butter.
- 4Slowly add ice water until the dough forms a ball.
- 5Roll out the dough for the pie crust bottom and place in a pie pan.
- 6There is enough dough to make a lattice or rustic top crust.
- 7For the filling: Mix cherries, sugar, water, and flour in a bowl.
- 8Pour into pie pan on top of bottom crust.
- 9Make lattice or rustic top crust and place on top of filling.
- 10Bake at 425 degrees for 20 minutes. Then lower the oven temperature to 300 degrees and bake for 30 minutes, until the pie filling is set.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ground Cherry Pie
Serving Size: 1 (123 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 427.7
- Calories from Fat 179
- Total Fat 19.9 g
- Saturated Fat 12.2 g
- Cholesterol 50.8 mg
- Sodium 391.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 24.5 g
- Protein 6.0 g