Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 20 mins
I haven't yet tried this cake, but found the recipe online. Please let me know how it turns out if you try it first!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 4 teaspoons matcha green tea powder
- 1 1⁄4 cups white sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons matcha green tea powder
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons milk
- For the Cake:.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour 2 - 9 inch round pans.
- Sift together the all-purpose flour, cake flour, baking soda, salt, and 4 teaspoons of matcha; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together sugar, oil, and eggs until smooth.
- Stir in 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla.
- Beat the yogurt into the flour mixture just until incorporated.
- Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack for 30 minutes before removing from pans.
- For the Frosting:.
- Sift together confectioner's sugar and matcha.
- In a medium bowl, combine tea mixture with butter, cream cheese, vanilla and milk.
- Beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Assembling the cake:.
- When the cakes are completely cooled, put one layer on a flat serving plate.
- Spread a thin layer of frosting over it.
- Place the other layer of cake on top, and spread frosting to cover the top and sides of cake.
- Dust with matcha if desired.
- Serve cold or at room temperature.
- Makes one 2 layer 9 inch rounds or one sheet.