These are big, fluffy, wonderful rolls. Lots of butter makes them extra yummy. We like them with mugs of soup and with homemade jam for breakfast.
- 1⁄2 cup water, 110 degrees
- 1 cup whole milk, 110 degrees
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup butter, soft, divided
- 1 egg, large
- 2 cups bread flour
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (NOTE ( on our rainy NW days I have added up to 5 cups of flour total)
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 3⁄4 teaspoons salt, table
- 1 tablespoon yeast (I use SAF instant yeast)
- 1 teaspoon yeast (I use SAF instant yeast)
- 2 tablespoons extra butter, melted, for brushing rolls before and after baking
- beaten egg for egg wash
- poppy seeds or sesame seeds, for the top of your buns
- Heat the water and milk with the butter until it reaches 110*.
- Put all ingredients (except seeds and egg wash) into your bread machine pan according to the manufacturers directions and set cycle to dough.
- Butter a 9x13" pan. Remove dough from pan and place in a buttered bowl and punch down, turning the dough over, and cover with a wet tea towel. Let rest 10 minutes.
- Shape dough into 12 even pieces and roll into balls. Place them three across and four down in your pan. Brush with melted butter (or beaten egg and topped with seeds) and let rise for 30 minutes (or until almost double) while you preheat your oven to 375*.
- Bake for 20 - 25 minutes, covering with foil after 15 minutes if the tops brown too much.
Those of you who have never made these don't know what your missing, these are the BOMB BABY !!!! Yes they are big . And a tiny bit crusy on the outside and so soft and tender inside and taste wonderful ! I did have to add an additional cup of flour , made the dough up in my bread machine and finished by hand . Thank you for a 5 star recipe that I will use over and over !
OMG These are unbelievable! My daughter walks into the house and says "It smells like Thanksgiving." I think I can throw my other roll recipes away this is definitely a keeper. The texture is so so yummy! They look just like the picture, and brown so nicely on the top and bottom. Usually I can't get rolls to brown on the bottom. I would post a pic but they were gone before I thought to. Thanks so much for a wonderful addition to my recipes. I just had to correct giving 2 stars was my mistake, these definitely rate 5 stars.