1/2 Photos of Great Big Poufy Buns
2 hrs 25 mins
Secret Agent's Note:
These are big, fluffy, wonderful rolls. Lots of butter makes them extra yummy. We like them with mugs of soup and with homemade jam for breakfast.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup water, 110 degrees
- 1 cup whole milk, 110 degrees
- 1/3-1/2 cup butter, soft, divided
- 1 egg, large
- 2 cups bread flour
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (NOTE ( on our rainy NW days I have added up to 5 cups of flour total)
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 3/4 teaspoons salt, table
- 1 tablespoon yeast (I use SAF instant yeast)
- 1 teaspoon yeast (I use SAF instant yeast)
- 1Heat the water and milk with the butter until it reaches 110*.
- 2Put all ingredients (except seeds and egg wash) into your bread machine pan according to the manufacturers directions and set cycle to dough.
- 3Butter a 9x13" pan. Remove dough from pan and place in a buttered bowl and punch down, turning the dough over, and cover with a wet tea towel. Let rest 10 minutes.
- 4Shape dough into 12 even pieces and roll into balls. Place them three across and four down in your pan. Brush with melted butter (or beaten egg and topped with seeds) and let rise for 30 minutes (or until almost double) while you preheat your oven to 375*.
- 5Bake for 20 - 25 minutes, covering with foil after 15 minutes if the tops brown too much.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Great Big Poufy Buns
Serving Size: 1 (91 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 252.3
- Calories from Fat 77
- Total Fat 8.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 38.2 mg
- Sodium 404.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 6.0 g