Prep 20 mins
Cook 28 mins
Another yummy recipe featured in an email this morning from Crisco. The picture is posted on the www.crisco.com website.
FOR THE BROWNIES
- 517.37 g package Pillsbury Fudge Brownie Mix
- 118.29 ml vegetable oil
- 59.14 ml water
- 2 large eggs
FOR THE FILLING
- 118.29 ml butter, softened or 118.29 ml margarine
- 85.04 g package cream cheese, softened
- 591.47 ml powdered sugar
- 4.92 ml mint extract
- green food coloring (optional)
FOR THE FROSTING
- 236.59 ml semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 78.07 ml butter or 78.07 ml margarine
- HEAT oven to 350°F Spray bottom only of a 13 x 9-inch pan with no-stick cooking spray. Combine all brownie ingredients in large bowl. Beat 50 strokes by hand. Spread in prepared pan. Bake 28 to 32 minutes or until set. Cool completely.
- BEAT 1/2 cup butter and cream cheese in medium bowl until light and fluffy. Add remaining filling ingredients. Beat until smooth. Spread evenly over cooled brownies.
- PLACE frosting ingredients in microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH (100% power) 30 seconds. Stir. Microwave an additional 10 to 15 seconds as needed until melted. Stir until smooth. Pour evenly over filling. Spread carefully to cover.
- REFRIGERATE 1 hour before cutting into bars. Store in refrigerator.
These are so delicious. I made 260 individual ones, for a church dinner, in jumbo cupcake foils. They went over very well. I did not tweak the recipe in any way. Good just the way it is.