Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 28 mins
Another yummy recipe featured in an email this morning from Crisco. The picture is posted on the www.crisco.com website.
FOR THE BROWNIES
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package Pillsbury Fudge Brownie Mix
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 large eggs
FOR THE FILLING
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon mint extract
- green food coloring (optional)
FOR THE FROSTING
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine
- HEAT oven to 350°F Spray bottom only of a 13 x 9-inch pan with no-stick cooking spray. Combine all brownie ingredients in large bowl. Beat 50 strokes by hand. Spread in prepared pan. Bake 28 to 32 minutes or until set. Cool completely.
- BEAT 1/2 cup butter and cream cheese in medium bowl until light and fluffy. Add remaining filling ingredients. Beat until smooth. Spread evenly over cooled brownies.
- PLACE frosting ingredients in microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH (100% power) 30 seconds. Stir. Microwave an additional 10 to 15 seconds as needed until melted. Stir until smooth. Pour evenly over filling. Spread carefully to cover.
- REFRIGERATE 1 hour before cutting into bars. Store in refrigerator.
These are so delicious. I made 260 individual ones, for a church dinner, in jumbo cupcake foils. They went over very well. I did not tweak the recipe in any way. Good just the way it is.