Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Simple recipe for spritz cookies that can be used for any cookie press. Different extracts can be used to flavor the cookies-almond, vanilla, orange, mint, anything you like! Almond is always a favorite for the holidays.
- 1 cup butter (softened)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- food coloring (optional)
- Mix butter, sugar, extract, salt, and egg together (I recommend a Kitchen Aid).
- Slowly add flour to the wet ingredients.
- Add food coloring (if desired)
- Load dough into cookie press.
- Press cookies onto cookie sheet.
- Bake a 400 degrees for 7-10 minutes.
- Cookies will not brown when done.
Worked great in my Wilton Cookie press. I followed the recipe as written. My husband thought they could be a little more favorful, but I thought they were fine. Next time I may add a little more flavoring. Thank you for sharing.
These were awesome and worked so well in my Wilton Cookie press, that I just stapled your recipe over the one they recommend. They were super tasty and everyone loved them, I loved how they were perfectly golden and crispy. Thank you for posting.