I got this recipe off of the back of a graham cracker box, and I could not believe how yummy they were! I have not made them with plain graham crackers, so I just used my own best judgement in estimating the additions of granulated sugar and cinnamon to compensate.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 16 whole cinnamon graham crackers, crushed fine to make 2 cups (or plain, with 1 teaspoon granulated sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon added)
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 cup milk or 1⁄2 cup semisweet chocolate piece
- sifted confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease a 9 inch square pan (I used an 8 inch square pan and it worked fine).
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until creamy.
- Add egg, milk, and vanilla.
- Beat just until blended, the mixture will be grainy.
- Stir in graham cracker crumbs, coconut, and chocolate until just mixed.
- Spread evenly in pan.
- Bake 25 to 27 minutes until lightly browned on top.
- Cool and sprinkle with confectioner's sugar.
- Cut into bars and serve.