Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Not your usual chocolate cake...rich and gooey!
Make and share this Gooey Marshmallow Peanut Butter Brownie Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 13" x 9-inch baking pan.
- In a bowl, combine 1/4 cup condensed milk, butter, 1/4 cup milk, cake mix and the egg; mix to combine well (batter will be stiff).
- Press TWO-THIRDS of the batter into the bottom of the prepared baking pan (using floured hands); pat down evenly, the layer will be thin.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the remaining 1/2 cup condensed milk and the marshmallow creme in a bowl; stir in the peanut butter chips/morsels.
- Remove the pan from the oven; spread the marshmallow mixture evenly over the brownie layer.
- Carefully drop the remaining batter by the spoonfuls over the marshmallow mixture.
- Bake for another 30 minutes.
- Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
Made this for a girls get-together and they loved it. I used the full can of sweetened condensed milk as others did so as not to waste. Also used peanut butter instead of chips. The dough was very sticky and stuck in spite of the floured hands, so I used a sheet of waxed paper to press it down and it seemed to work better. I thought I baked mine too long because the edges looked almost too done, but when I cut it, they remained soft and chewy. Thank you!
Oh, my goodness! This is the best dessert I've made in a long, long time! I used a "cheapie" store-brand chocolate cake mix from Aldi's, knowing that I was adding stuff to it. It was awesome! I didn't have peanut-butter chips so I used chocolate chips instead and added peanut butter (about 1 cup as someone else suggested). I also used the entire can of condensed milk as someone also suggested (didn't want to waste any and had no plans for the 1/4 cup left so just added the extra in the cake mix part). It puffs up nice and lofty and tastes divine! I know that any Kittencal recipe is good before I even make it; but even this one is more than I expected. Thanks, Kittecal, for making me look like such a good baker today at work! Carol
Oh my, this is wonderful!! I used the rest of the can of condensed milk (probably about a cup) and I also used a large jar of marshmallow cream so I had alot more filling. I added extra peanut butter chips too. Very tasty treat. Thanks Kittencal!