Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
You can't beat chocolate and marshmallows right? If you like nuts in your brownies, add them! This recipe is easy and yummy, and from my experience, gets everyone who tries them asking for your recipe!
- Melt butter on low in saucepan. Stir in cocoa and set aside.
- Beat together eggs, sugar, and vanilla.
- Mix in butter and cocoa mixture.
- Mix in flour and salt.
- Pour in a 9x13 baking dish and bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix together frosting ingredients, all except the hot water.
- Once the brownies have baked, remove from the oven and cover with mini marshmallows. Return to oven until marshmallows have swollen just a little.
- While brownies are in the oven, add enough hot water to the frosting to make it pourable. A few tablespoons should be enough. Mix until there are no lumps.
- Take brownies from the oven and pour frosting on top. You have to do this while the brownies are still very hot or the frosting won’t sink inches Let brownies cool before cutting. Enjoy!
Gooey is definitely what these are, deliciously so, too! I don't usually frost my brownies because they're so soft & chewy in the middle, but these, with the mallows, are wonderful! I didn't measure them but just made sure there was more or less an entire layer of them covering the brownies! Made for an outrageously tasty treat, but they do need to be cut kind of small, at least that's what I did before sending of about 2/3 of them to work with my other half! [Made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in the current Pick A Chef event]
This are good and gooey. I halved the recipe. I baked the brownies for 18 minutes and then topped with marshmallows. I used large marshmallows and cut them in quarters. There wasn't an amount for the marshmallows, so i just used enough to cover the top. This is something I would make again. Thanks for sharing!