1 hr 15 mins
Adopted in September 2006, this quick bread looks simply delicious. The original chef's comment: The glaze made with fresh tangerine juice gives this bread moistness and flavor. The texture is cakelike and it keeps well, too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon grated tangerine, rind
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Grease and lightly flour one 8 1/2- by 4 1/2-inch loaf pan or two 5 3/4- by 3 1/2-inch loaf pans.
- 3In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and 3/4 cup of sugar together until blended.
- 4Add the eggs and beat until fluffy and light.
- 5Add the tangerine rind.
- 6In another bowl, stir the 1 1/4 cups of flour and the baking powder and salt together until blended.
- 7Toss the walnuts with the 1 tablespoon of flour until all the pieces are lightly coated.
- 8Blend the flour mixture into the creamed mixture alternately with the milk.
- 9Fold the walnuts into the batter until blended.
- 10Turn into the prepared pans or pan.
- 11Bake 35 to 45 minutes for small loaves, 55 to 60 minutes for the medium loaf, or until they test done.
- 12Meanwhile, combine the juice and sugar in a small pan to make the glaze.
- 13Heat just until the sugar is dissolved.
- 14Poke the hot loaves with a skewer or toothpick in several places and pour the syrup over them.
- 15Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then remove and finish cooling on a rack.
- 16This recipe yields one medium or two small loaves.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Golden Tangerine Nut Bread
Serving Size: 1 (63 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 229.5
- Calories from Fat 109
- Total Fat 12.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 57.0 mg
- Sodium 165.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 15.9 g
- Protein 3.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: