1 hr 15 mins
Adopted in September 2006, this quick bread looks simply delicious. The original chef's comment: The glaze made with fresh tangerine juice gives this bread moistness and flavor. The texture is cakelike and it keeps well, too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon grated tangerine, rind
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Grease and lightly flour one 8 1/2- by 4 1/2-inch loaf pan or two 5 3/4- by 3 1/2-inch loaf pans.
- 3In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and 3/4 cup of sugar together until blended.
- 4Add the eggs and beat until fluffy and light.
- 5Add the tangerine rind.
- 6In another bowl, stir the 1 1/4 cups of flour and the baking powder and salt together until blended.
- 7Toss the walnuts with the 1 tablespoon of flour until all the pieces are lightly coated.
- 8Blend the flour mixture into the creamed mixture alternately with the milk.
- 9Fold the walnuts into the batter until blended.
- 10Turn into the prepared pans or pan.
- 11Bake 35 to 45 minutes for small loaves, 55 to 60 minutes for the medium loaf, or until they test done.
- 12Meanwhile, combine the juice and sugar in a small pan to make the glaze.
- 13Heat just until the sugar is dissolved.
- 14Poke the hot loaves with a skewer or toothpick in several places and pour the syrup over them.
- 15Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then remove and finish cooling on a rack.
- 16This recipe yields one medium or two small loaves.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Golden Tangerine Nut Bread
Serving Size: 1 (63 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 229.5
- Calories from Fat 109
- Total Fat 12.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 57.0 mg
- Sodium 165.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 15.9 g
- Protein 3.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: