Prep 10 mins
Cook 18 mins
This won a blue ribbon at the Kentucky State Fair. It is from America's Best Recipes State Fair Blue Ribbon Winners Cookbook.
- 2 cups cake flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup shortening (I use butter flavor)
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line muffin tins with paper cupcake liners.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, salt,and sugar.
- Add the shortening and 3/4 cup of the milk and beat for 2 minutes.
- Add the remaining 1/4 cup milk, the eggs and vanilla and beat for 2 minutes.
- Pour the batter into muffin tins only filling half way up. Don't over-fill!
- Bake for 18 minutes or until done.
I searched for months for an easy recipe that was also good. The cupcakes are divine. My go to recipe forever! I used butter instead of shortening.
This recipe was light,quick and easy to make. I am going to try choc chips in them next time.Not a high fat content either thats what I look for.Thanks Jacklyn it took me an hour to find this. I will be taking these to work for a treat.
I've never tried to make a white cake before and this came out perfectly. I made two 8 inch round cakes with this recipe. Baked for around 24 minutes. thank you!