Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Soft, chewy, and moist... these spicy cookies are best enjoyed with a nice tall glass of milk! Or some vanilla flavoured rice milk, in my case... LOL!
- 1 1⁄2 sweet rice flour
- 1 cup potato starch
- 1 cup light stoneground buckwheat flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup blackstrap molasses
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup hot coffee or 1⁄2 cup hot milk
- Measure first 8 ingredients in given order into a mixing bowl.
- Stir baking soda into hot coffee.
- Add and beat dough until thoroughly blended.
- Drop by tablespoons onton greased cookie sheets.
- Bake in 375* oven for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Cool on wire racks.
These cookies are really good and easy to make! I cut out the ginger and added some chocolate chips to make them more kid friendly for my two yr old. He loved them! Thanks
These are great. I can't handle all the gums they put in gluten free foods and these are fabulouse with out them. I did not have blackstrap molasses and they stop selling it at my local grocery store so I used regular molasses. I don't know if it makes a difference but these are GREAT! Thanks katii.
Great tasting cookie,My ginger was old so next time will get fresher ginger to make a gingery flavor, but enjoyed the flavor I ended up with today.My only change was I made a glaze with 2 egg whites and two cups powdered sugar and spooned over the tops. My only negative comment is directions not really clear, first 8 ingred. then mentioned last two but 9th and 10th never mentioned in directions. I just put all in bowl in order listed and mixed well. Came out great.
Thanks for great cookies, next time maybe will try with raisins....