1/1 Photo of Gluten-Free Polenta-Quinoa Sticks
3 hrs 50 mins
Delicious little breadsticks, these are yummy eaten plain or dipped in marinara sauce. Also great topped with a bit of grated Parmesean cheese.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put in cornmeal, quinoa, water and salt and pepper in a pot and stir.
- 2Bring all ingredients to a boil, then lower the heat, cove the pot and simmerfor 20 minutes, or until quinoa is al dente.
- 3Let sit, covered, for ten minutes, and then fluff up.
- 4Cool 5 minutes.
- 5Add olive oil and tomatoes and stir to blend well.
- 6Put mixture in greased loaf pan.
- 7Cool to room temperature.
- 8Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm, about 3 hours.
- 9Invert on cutting board. Cut it into 16 slices (1/2 inch thick).
- 10Place on a parchment-paper lined baking sheet and bake in a preheated 375* oven for 35-40 minutes until crispy, flipping halfway through.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gluten-Free Polenta-Quinoa Sticks
Serving Size: 1 (75 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 43.9
- Calories from Fat 7
- Total Fat 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 77.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 1.2 g