1/6 Photos of Gluten Free Challah Bread
2 hrs 25 mins
Chef #1283639's Note:
In a quest for 'normal' gluten free bread, I came upon a similar recipe to this, tweaked it, and was delighted with the outcome!! FINALLY a bread that rises, is relatively light, and actually has the tastes and consistency of REAL bread! It also makes great rolls, and while my family ate the bread and rolls with a small amount of jam on them, they would be great as well for sandwiches! Finally a GF variety that you dont have to A) choke down, B) rent a crane to lift while pondering whether you should instead use the loaf in place of bricks, or C) get strange looks of pity from your coworkers as you attempt to eat 4 tiny turkey sandwiches made on dense, crumbly "bread." :) Enjoy!!! Also, check out my blog at www.glutenfreegirls.blogspot.com for more recipes and fun!
My Private Note
loaf, o ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1In mixer, combine the flours, 1/4 c sugar, xantham gum, and salt.
- 2Dissolve the 2 tsp sugar in the 2/3 cup of water and mix in the yeast. In a separate bowl combine the butter with the additional 1 cup water and vinegar.
- 3With mixer on low speed, blend the dry ingredients. Slowly add the butter/water mixture. Blend in the eggs, 1 at a time. The dough should feel slightly warm. Pour the yeast mixture into the ingredients in the bowl and beat the highest speed for 2 minutes.
- 4Place the bowl in a warm spot, cover with greased plastic wrap and a towel, and let rise approximately 1 hour.
- 5Return the dough to the mixer and beat on high for 3 minutes. Spoon the dough into a greased, floured loaf pan. Fill 2/3 full, you may bake the remainder in greased muffin tins, etc. (or make all rolls~about 18). Sprinkle tops with sesame seeds. Let the dough rise until it is slightly above the tops of the pans, about 45-60 minutes.
- 6Preheat the oven to 400 F and bake the large loaf for approximately 1 hour. Bake the rolls 25 minutes.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gluten Free Challah Bread
Serving Size: 1 (1061 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2135.3
- Calories from Fat 638
- Total Fat 70.9 g
- Saturated Fat 36.8 g
- Cholesterol 866.1 mg
- Sodium 1874.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 320.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.4 g
- Sugars 59.4 g
- Protein 51.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: