Sweet and spicy cookies with the pleasing 'bite' of ginger.
Make and share this Gluten-Free Candied Ginger Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup sweet rice flour
- 1⁄2 cup light stoneground buckwheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup tbsps minced crystallized ginger
- 1 tablespoon gluten free baking powder
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons milk
- Cream butter and sugar together.
- Add yolk and beat well.
- Add vanilla and beat until smooth.
- Cobine next 7 ingredients in a bowl.
- Add to butter mixture, mixing well.
- Add milk, 1 tablespoon at a time, until a soft dough forms.
- Roll dough into 2-teaspoon sized balls.
- Arrange on greased cookie sheets and bake in a preheated 375* oven for 10 to 12 minutes until golden and tops of cookies appear cracked.
- Let stand on cookie sheets for 5 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool.