Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Sweet and spicy cookies with the pleasing 'bite' of ginger.
Make and share this Gluten-Free Candied Ginger Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup sweet rice flour
- 1⁄2 cup light stoneground buckwheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup tbsps minced crystallized ginger
- 1 tablespoon gluten free baking powder
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons milk
- Cream butter and sugar together.
- Add yolk and beat well.
- Add vanilla and beat until smooth.
- Cobine next 7 ingredients in a bowl.
- Add to butter mixture, mixing well.
- Add milk, 1 tablespoon at a time, until a soft dough forms.
- Roll dough into 2-teaspoon sized balls.
- Arrange on greased cookie sheets and bake in a preheated 375* oven for 10 to 12 minutes until golden and tops of cookies appear cracked.
- Let stand on cookie sheets for 5 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool.
I failed in following the directions completely, and forgot the egg yolk and vanilla, so I used a lot more milk trying to get a good sticky batter. I used about 5 tablespoons of milk, and was going to complain about the recipe, when I realized that is was my own fault! So 5 stars for a recipe that is great even without the egg yolk, so I suppose this might be helpful for those who don't eat eggs?
Another excellent cookie. Very flavorful and easy to make. I used a #50 scoop and rolled these into perfect balls, and they turned out very pretty. The ginger flavor is strong, the texture is "short". Mine did not hold up very well overnight, but I might have overbaked them. They did not get as brown as I was expecting, stayed a nice beige color. Thanks, Katii!