Prep1 hr 15 mins
This is a recipe from Celiac.com Preparation time includes chilling time.
Make and share this Gluten-Free Butter Pecan Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract (make sure it's gluten-free)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (use 1/8 teas. if you use salted butter)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum, rounded
- 1 (4 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding (or French vanilla)
- 2 3⁄4 cups gluten-free flour
- 3⁄4 cup pecans, coarsely ground
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Add eggs and vanilla extract and mix well.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Dough should be very thick and gooey. Add more flour if necessary.
- Chill 1 or more hours,.
- Drop by round teaspoons onto un-greased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-11 minutes at 375 degrees.
- Allow to cool for a few moments before removing from cookie sheet.
- Store in an air tight container.