Prep 30 mins
Cook 55 mins
This bread is a sweeter version of CatfishCharlie's gluten free bread recipe. This recipe came about when I began to fiddle with the other recipe to better suit my daughters taste. The texture is something like a sponge cake and it is sweeter than a regular loaf. It makes really great PB&J and tastes wonderful toasted.
- 3 tablespoons butter (softened)
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 3 egg whites
- 2 cups gluten-free flour (Gluten Free All Purpose Flour Substitute)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon egg substitute
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons dry active yeast
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup warm milk (110 degrees F)
- 1⁄2 cup warm water (in reserve)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Grease a 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 bread pan and dust w/ rice flour.
- Combine all dry ingredients (except sugar) and sift or whisk to blend, set aside.
- In a separate bowl cream together butter and sugar.
- Add egg whites and beat until frothy.
- Add remaining ingredients (except water) and mix by hand until smooth.
- The dough should look like a thick cake batter. If it looks too dry add some of the warm water.
- Place the dough into the pan for baking, and cover with plastic wrap or a clean towel and let it sit in a warm place for 10 minute
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 10 min and then cover with foil to protect from over browning.
- Continue baking for an additional 45 to 50 min until bread tests clean with a toothpick.
- Allow to cool in the pan for 10 min and outside the pan for about 20 min before slicing.