1 hr 25 mins
This bread is a sweeter version of CatfishCharlie's gluten free bread recipe. This recipe came about when I began to fiddle with the other recipe to better suit my daughters taste. The texture is something like a sponge cake and it is sweeter than a regular loaf. It makes really great PB&J and tastes wonderful toasted.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons butter (softened)
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 3 egg whites
- 2 cups gluten-free flour (Gluten Free All Purpose Flour Substitute)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon egg substitute
- 2 1/4 teaspoons dry active yeast
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup warm milk (110 degrees F)
- 1/2 cup warm water (in reserve)
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2Grease a 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 bread pan and dust w/ rice flour.
- 3Combine all dry ingredients (except sugar) and sift or whisk to blend, set aside.
- 4In a separate bowl cream together butter and sugar.
- 5Add egg whites and beat until frothy.
- 6Add remaining ingredients (except water) and mix by hand until smooth.
- 7The dough should look like a thick cake batter. If it looks too dry add some of the warm water.
- 8Place the dough into the pan for baking, and cover with plastic wrap or a clean towel and let it sit in a warm place for 10 minute
- 9Bake in a 375 degree oven for 10 min and then cover with foil to protect from over browning.
- 10Continue baking for an additional 45 to 50 min until bread tests clean with a toothpick.
- 11Allow to cool in the pan for 10 min and outside the pan for about 20 min before slicing.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gluten Free Bread
Serving Size: 1 (567 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 701.2
- Calories from Fat 398
- Total Fat 44.2 g
- Saturated Fat 27.5 g
- Cholesterol 125.8 mg
- Sodium 1724.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 40.6 g
- Protein 23.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: