1/3 Photos of Gluten Free 5 Grain Bread
1 hr 5 mins
Chef# 616082's Note:
This bread tastes very much like the Dempsters Multigrain Bread we love that doesn't love us back. This is the first loaf we've made that the knife stays clean right to the end of the loaf. If you don't have chia seeds then use an extra egg but the loaf is more nutritious and rises better with the chia. You will not need to place wax paper between the slices to freeze it's easy to separate. It makes great crumbs for chicken with the addition of some parsley and spices and also makes very tasty crackers if you slice it very thin and put the pieces on a cookie sheet in a 350 degree oven for about 15 minutes until they are toasty brown, turning after 10 minutes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup brown rice flour (or 1/2 cup brown rice 1/4 cup sorghum)
- 1/4 cup tapioca starch
- 1/4 cup potato starch
- 1/4 cup quinoa
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 1/4 cup flax seed
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons guar gum
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 ounces chia seeds, divided (four tablespoons)
- 1/2 cup water, room temperature
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup water, at 115 degrees
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar or 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons molasses (or not if you don't like a slightly sweet bread)
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons additional sesame seeds (optional)
- 1Grease and rice flour a 9x5 bread pan.
- 2In the bowl of an electric mixer sift together the rice flour, sorghum if you're using, tapioca starch, potato starch, guar gum, baking powder, yeast and salt. Grind the quinoa, almonds, flax seeds, sunflower and sesame seeds and two tablespoons of the chia seeds in a clean coffee grinder until very fine. Mix with the dry ingredients on low speed until well combined and no lumps remain.
- 3Stir remaining two tablespoons of chia seeds in 1/2 cup of water. Three minutes later, stir well again and set aside.
- 4In a medium bowl whisk the eggs, 3/4 cup of warm water, olive oil, honey, vinegar, and molasses if you're using, until well combined. Stir in the chia mix. Add in one dump to the dry ingredients then beat on medium-high for 4 minutes, scaping down as needed.
- 5Pour the dough into the prepared pan. Spread evenly with a wet spatula slash down the middle with a sharp knife and sprinkle with the remaining sesame seeds if you wish.
- 6Rise dough for approximately 45 minutes, until it barely reaches the top of the pan.(I rise mine over a bowl of boiling water with a cooling rack on top, in the microwave, very successfully and it only takes 20 to 30 minutes).
- 7Bake at 350 degrees in a preheated oven for 45 to 60 minutes until the top is medium brown and the internal temperature is between 208 and 210 degrees.
- 8Allow to cool thoroughly before slicing with a serrated knife.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gluten Free 5 Grain Bread
Serving Size: 1 (50 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 132.2
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 23.5 mg
- Sodium 104.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 3.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: