1/1 Photo of Glazed Strawberry Tart
Karen From Colorado's Note:
Fresh strawberries make this a delicious and easy tart to make. You can bake the crust a day or two ahead of time and assemble the tart just before serving. Crust dough requires at least 1 hour chill time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup finely ground almonds
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, cut into pieces
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup seedless raspberry jam or 3/4 cup strawberry jam
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 pints strawberries, hulled and sliced
- sweetened whipped cream (optional)
- 1Stir together flour, almonds, sugar, lemon peel and salt in a large bowl.
- 2Cut butter into flour mixture with a pastry blender or 2 knives until coarse crumbs form.
- 3Whisk together eggs and vanilla in a small bowl; stir into flour mixture until dough forms.
- 4Shape into disk.
- 5Wrap in plastic and chill for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- 6Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 7Grease and flour a baking sheet.
- 8Place dough on baking sheet; pat into a 10-inch circle forming a high edge.
- 9Pierce bottom of dough all over with a fork.
- 10Bake until slightly browned about 25 minutes.
- 11Place baking sheet on a wire rack and cook for 10 minutes.
- 12Transfer shell to rack to cool completely.
- 13Melt jam with lemon juice in a small saucepan over low heat until spreadable.
- 14Spread 1/2 cup jam mixture over bottom of the shell.
- 15Arrange berries on top, cut sides down.
- 16Brush with remaining jam mixture.
- 17Serve with whipped cream if desired.
Browse Our Top Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Glazed Strawberry Tart
Serving Size: 1 (181 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 368.0
- Calories from Fat 134
- Total Fat 14.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 75.7 mg
- Sodium 191.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 27.7 g
- Protein 6.4 g