Another recipe from the May 2009 everyday FOOD magazine that I don't want to lose when I get rid of the magazine. I love everything lemon!!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In medium bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, lemon zest.
- In large bowl, using electric mixer, beat butter and sugar til light and fluffy.
- Add egg, vanilla and lemon juice. Beat until combined.
- With mixer on low, beat in flour mixture.
- Drop dough by heaping tbsps, 1" apart onto 2 baking sheets.
- Bake until edges are golden, 15-20 minutes, rotating baking sheets halfway through.
- Let cool 2 minutes on sheets, then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
- Spread cookies with
- lemon glaze and let set, about 1 hour.
Pucker up and enjoy a Glazed Lemon Cookie!! Made for Spring, 2010 PAC. These are very easy to make. Dough IS crumbly, so I formed it more in the tablespoon (packed in) before putting on cookie sheet. I didn't need to flatten at all. Lemon zest is just the ticket to give it that extra lemon-y kick. Will definitely be making again. P.S. DH LOVES them! Thanks for posting.
These are terrific cookies, and very simple to make with ingredients I always have on hand. They are very crumbly before baking, so had to be hand-formed into little balls and then flattened, but it took no time at all. This made exactly 26 little cookies. I cut the glaze in half and it was the perfect amount to ice all of the cookies generously. Delicious! Made for PAC Fall 09 :)