Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is the gingerbread I use in my Apple Gingerbread Bread Pudding.
Make and share this Gingerbread recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour a 9 x 5" loaf pan.
- In a bowl, measure the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ginger and cinnamon; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugars until light and fluffy on medium speed. Beat in the egg and continue beating until combined.
- Combine the molasses and milk in a small bowl. Remove the butter mixture from the mixer. Alternate adding the flour and milk mixtures to the butter mixture. Fold the batter together with a rubber spatula.
- Pour the batter into your prepared loaf pan. Bake for approximately 50 minutes or until done. Let cool in pan.
This was great!! My grandmother used to make gingerbread and this was exactly the same. I did make two small loaves and shared with my neighbor. The smell was fantastic. My oven cooked much faster than the recipe. I cooked the loaves seperately and baked the first for about 40 minutes and when I checked the tester came out clean. I baked the second loaf for 35 minutes and the tester came out clean as well. I would definitely moniter the cooking time for your oven. Otherwise, this was perfect and exactly the gingerbread taste and texture I was looking for.
Very, very tasty and aromatic. The house smelled so good while this was cooking. This recipe makes a large loaf that completely fills the pan. The only change I made was to add a teaspoon of ground cloves (for two). I doubled the recipe and used about 1 1/2 of the loaves in a Paula Deen recipe called "Pumpkin Gingerbread Trifle" (it called for two store-bought gingerbread box mixes)and it was absolutely delicious. We have been eating the remainder of the loaf with our breakfast... very flavorful!
mmmm delicious gingerbread loaf!! I made your gingerbread bread pudding with it and with the other half, I cut into slices and served with herbed cream cheese, wonderful combination and enjoyed by all. Thanks for posting, went over big at a luncheon with friends!