1/2 Photos of Ginger-Chai Glazed Bundt Cake
1 hr 5 mins
There are many brands of chai concentrate on the market, go ahead and choose your favorite. For the glaze, feel free to adjust the spice level to your taste, add in some fresh ground cardamom pods or pump up the black pepper level for the true heat of freshly made Indian chai. The crystallized ginger is a nice touch for ginger lovers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the cake
- 551.25 ml all-purpose flour
- 12.32 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml salt
- 236.59 ml unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 354.88 ml sugar
- 4 eggs, at room temperature
- 236.59 ml chai concentrate, such as Oregon Chai
for the glaze
- 354.88 ml powdered sugar
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 2.46 ml ginger
- 0.25 ml black pepper
- 22.18-36.97 ml chai concentrate, as needed
- 118.29 ml crystallized ginger
- 1Set a rack in the lower third of the oven and preheat to 350°.
- 2Prepare a bundt pan by brushing with melted butter and sprinkling with flour, tapping out the excess flour.
- 3Sift the flour, baking powder and salt together. Set aside.
- 4Cream the butter and sugar till creamy. Add the eggs one at a time, mix thoroughly, stop and scrape as you go to ensure even mixing.
- 5Add the flour mixture and chai alternately, beginning and ending with the flour in three parts and the chai in two parts. Mix thoroughly after each addition.
- 6Pour the batter into the prepared pan, smooth the top and bake for about 40 – 45 minutes, until the top springs back when pressed gently with a finger. Cool on a rack for about 20 – 30 minutes, depan and cool completely. (Place in freezer at this point to aid in glazing).
- 7To make the glaze, sift the powdered sugar with the spices and stir in the chai extract, 1/2 tablespoon at a time, to form a smooth, thick yet pourable glaze. It should be thick and ropy to cling to the cake. Set the cake on a rack over a plate and spoon the glaze in a circular fashion over the cake. Let it fall in place or smooth with an offset spatula, as you like. After a few minutes, spoon the dripped glaze from the plate back over the cake. Press the crystallized ginger onto the glaze as it sets, if using.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ginger-Chai Glazed Bundt Cake
Serving Size: 1 (101 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 404.7
- Calories from Fat 155
- Total Fat 17.2 g
- Saturated Fat 10.2 g
- Cholesterol 111.1 mg
- Sodium 295.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 39.8 g
- Protein 4.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: