Prep 15 mins
Cook 9 mins
This is the recipe right off the bag. I like this recipe better than Toll House recipe because the mix seems less sugary tasting so the flavor of the chips stands out.
- 532.32 ml unsifted flour
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 236.59 ml butter, softened
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 177.44 ml brown sugar, packed
- 9.85 ml vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 326.01 g bag Ghirardelli semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 236.59 ml walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Stir flour with baking soda and salt, set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat butter with sugars at medium speed until creamy and lightened in color (about 4 minutes).
- Add vanilla and eggs, one at a time, mix on low speed until incorporated.
- Gradually blend dry mixture into creamed mixture.
- Stir in nuts and chocolate chips.
- Drop by tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 9-11 miutes or until golden.
- Makes about 4 dozen cookies.
These are the only chocolate chip cookies I make anymore. It really does make a difference to buy the good chocolate. Sometimes I only make a half batch. Perfection.
Great recipe! My cookies weren't flat! I used pecans and a mix of Ghirardelli milk chocolate chips and bittersweet chocolate chips. Everyone loved these!
Wonderful, chewy, and buttery chocolate chip cookies!!! I used Ghirardelli milk chocolate chips and the recipe is on the back of that bag as well using the milk chocolate chips. I cut this recipe in half and it worked just fine. Baked for about 7 1/2 to 8 minutes as they started to brown around the edges then. Love Ghirardelli, thanks for posting!!!!!