Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These cookies are like macaroons, only better.
Make and share this Germantown Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to moderate speed (350 degrees).
- Cream sugar and butter or margarine.
- Add eggs, then vanilla.
- Sift dry ingredien ts (flour, soda, powder, salt and orange peel) together.
- Add to first mixture.
- Add oatmeal, coconut and nuts.
- Roll out to 2" thickness and cutout with a 2" biscuit cutter and place on cookie sheet or drop by Tablespoonfuls onto cookie sheets.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Let cool on pan for 2-3 minutes .
- Move to cooling surface (paper towels or cooling racks) and let completely cool.
- Make appoximately 40 cookies.