1/5 Photos of German Lemon Poppy Seed Cake
1 hr 10 mins
This is a very light moist loaf or bundt cake. This recipe uses very little flour. Very easy to make. Goes great with coffee or tea.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium bowl mix butter and sugar until creamy.
- 2Blend in each egg separately.
- 3Mix at least 2 minutes.
- 4Add Lemon Juice, Lemon Zest, Sour Cream and Poppy Seeds.
- 5Mix another 2 minutes.
- 6Into a separate bowl sift (very important) flour, baking powder, and salt.
- 7Gently blend flour mixture a little at a time into the batter mixture.
- 8Blend well.
- 9Pour into a greased loaf pan or bundt cake pan.
- 10Bake at 350 degrees F or 180 degrees Celsius.
- 11Takes 60 minutes in loaf pan.
- 12If using bundt cake pan check for doneness at 45 minutes.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for German Lemon Poppy Seed Cake
Serving Size: 1 (57 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 203.7
- Calories from Fat 102
- Total Fat 11.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 56.3 mg
- Sodium 215.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 17.1 g
- Protein 2.5 g