Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a very light moist loaf or bundt cake. This recipe uses very little flour. Very easy to make. Goes great with coffee or tea.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon, zest of
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 3⁄4 cup flour (I used unbleached)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- In a medium bowl mix butter and sugar until creamy.
- Blend in each egg separately.
- Mix at least 2 minutes.
- Add Lemon Juice, Lemon Zest, Sour Cream and Poppy Seeds.
- Mix another 2 minutes.
- Into a separate bowl sift (very important) flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Gently blend flour mixture a little at a time into the batter mixture.
- Blend well.
- Pour into a greased loaf pan or bundt cake pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F or 180 degrees Celsius.
- Takes 60 minutes in loaf pan.
- If using bundt cake pan check for doneness at 45 minutes.
Did not work for me. Didn't rise much at all.
Great tasting, loved it! Very dense, which I also like. My cake did not rise much at all, but still very good. I used nonfat greek yogurt instead of sour cream and also reduced the sugar a little.
I put a glaze on top (mix powder sugar and lemon juice) and that made it extra lemon delicious!!!
I made these into muffins and were fantastic! The sour cream adds a nice tang to it, and they're very moist. I added a little more lemon juice because DH and I like a more lemony flavour. Thank you for sharing your recipe!