This is a very light moist loaf or bundt cake. This recipe uses very little flour. Very easy to make. Goes great with coffee or tea.
- In a medium bowl mix butter and sugar until creamy.
- Blend in each egg separately.
- Mix at least 2 minutes.
- Add Lemon Juice, Lemon Zest, Sour Cream and Poppy Seeds.
- Mix another 2 minutes.
- Into a separate bowl sift (very important) flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Gently blend flour mixture a little at a time into the batter mixture.
- Blend well.
- Pour into a greased loaf pan or bundt cake pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F or 180 degrees Celsius.
- Takes 60 minutes in loaf pan.
- If using bundt cake pan check for doneness at 45 minutes.