1/5 Photos of German Lemon Poppy Seed Cake
1 hr 10 mins
This is a very light moist loaf or bundt cake. This recipe uses very little flour. Very easy to make. Goes great with coffee or tea.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium bowl mix butter and sugar until creamy.
- 2Blend in each egg separately.
- 3Mix at least 2 minutes.
- 4Add Lemon Juice, Lemon Zest, Sour Cream and Poppy Seeds.
- 5Mix another 2 minutes.
- 6Into a separate bowl sift (very important) flour, baking powder, and salt.
- 7Gently blend flour mixture a little at a time into the batter mixture.
- 8Blend well.
- 9Pour into a greased loaf pan or bundt cake pan.
- 10Bake at 350 degrees F or 180 degrees Celsius.
- 11Takes 60 minutes in loaf pan.
- 12If using bundt cake pan check for doneness at 45 minutes.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for German Lemon Poppy Seed Cake
Serving Size: 1 (57 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 203.7
- Calories from Fat 102
- Total Fat 11.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 56.3 mg
- Sodium 215.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 17.1 g
- Protein 2.5 g