1/9 Photos of German Fruit Cake Bottom
Inge 1505's Note:
Typically baked in a special round form that bakes a rim for easier filling, but any round 11 inch form will do. Fill baked bottom with 3/8 inch (1 cm) pastry cream or thick vanilla pudding and top with fresh fruit like strawberries. Keep strawberries from toppling off the cake by pouring a little strawberry flavored prepared jello over strawberries. When set cut cake into 12 wedges. Serve with a dollop of whipped cream on the side.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For 28 cm (11 inch) form
- 1Grease pan. Preheat oven to 350 F (180 C).
- 2Cream butter, sugar and vanilla sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beat until light in color.
- 3Mix flour, salt and baking powder. Add half of flour, beat until just blended. Add 3 tbs milk, just blend. Add rest of flour, just blend.
- 4Batter should drop slowly from a spoon, forming long tips. If too firm add another tbs milk.
- 5Spread batter evenly in pan.
- 6Bake in lower third of oven 18-22 minutes until golden yellow. Let cool in form for 10 minutes, then remove and let cool completely on a wire rack.
- 7Use immediately or store tightly wrapped for 24 hours or freeze.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for German Fruit Cake Bottom
Serving Size: 1 (76 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 404.6
- Calories from Fat 183
- Total Fat 20.4 g
- Saturated Fat 12.0 g
- Cholesterol 140.4 mg
- Sodium 323.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 19.0 g
- Protein 7.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: