Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
I made this recipe on accident when making German Chocolate bars. The original recipe calls for German Chocolate Cake mix, but I had forgotten when I got to the store and grabbed brownie mix instead. Here is my take on it.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a mixing bowl mix, brownie mix, vegetable oil, water and egg.
- Grease a 9"x9" baking dish with butter or cooking spray.
- Pour half the brownie mix into the baking dish and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle 1/2 the chocolate chips over the brownie layer.
- With a teaspoon, drop spoonfuls of frosting over chocolate chip layer.
- Pour remaining brownie mix over the top and sprinkle the remaining half of the chocolate chips.
- Return to oven and bake for 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let cool and enjoy.
YUMMY! I like that the coconut frosting is inside the brownie so the flavor is all there but not messy at all. I used Coconut Pecan Frosting to make this recipe. Everyone enjoyed. ~Sue