Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
These are gooey brownies that are sure to please.
Make and share this German Chocolate Brownies recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (20 ounce) box German chocolate cake mix
- 2⁄3 cup evaporated milk (Pet brand preferred)
- 3⁄4 cup oleo, melted
- 1 (14 ounce) package caramel candies
- 1 (12 ounce) package chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix cake mix with 1/3 cup Pet milk, oleo and chopped nuts.
- Press half into a 9 X 13 inch ungreased pan.
- Bake for 6 minutes using temperature on cake box.
- Mix and melt caramels with 1/3 cup Pet milk;.
- Pour caramel mixture on cake and sprinkle chocolate chips over this.
- Crumble rest of cake mixture and bake for 20-25 minutes.
Yum, Yumm Yummy! We all raced for the pan when these were done! So so good!
A Million Stars !! This is SOOOOO good ! My FIL gets brownies mailed to him from a customer every holiday season. I finally went in search of a similiar recipe and this is almost identical !! The ones he gets are $24.00 for a tin of about 10 brownies !! Now we can make them all year ! I made them as written-but- to make them like the ones we LOVE I will use half amount on the chocolate chips and and add 1 tsp vanilla. Also think I will make my own caramel sauce- I hate unwrapping those candies- lol ! They are even BETTER the next day ! Thanks for posting !! We will make often ! Also- I used toasted walnuts ! yummo !
This is really good and really rich. I received this from a friend years ago. Anyone who loves chocolate and carmel together, will definitely be addicted to these.