Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These mouthwatering bars taste just like German chocolate cake! A great change of pace from the standard brownie. The recipe comes from Betty Crocker. Chill time is 2 hours not included.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease bottom and sides of rectangular pan, 13x9x2 inches.
- Cut butter into cake mix in medium bowl, using pastry blender or fork, until mixture looks like crumbs.
- Press half of the mixture (2 1/2 cups) in the bottom of pan.
- Bake 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips over baked layer.
- Drop frosting by tablespoonfuls over chocolate chips.
- Stir milk into remaining cake mixture.
- Drop by teaspoons onto frosting layer.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until cake portion is slightly dry to touch; cool completely.
- Refrigerate until firm.
- For 48 bars, cut into 8 rows by 6 rows.