Barb Gertz's Note:
These mouthwatering bars taste just like German chocolate cake! A great change of pace from the standard brownie. The recipe comes from Betty Crocker. Chill time is 2 hours not included.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Lightly grease bottom and sides of rectangular pan, 13x9x2 inches.
- 3Cut butter into cake mix in medium bowl, using pastry blender or fork, until mixture looks like crumbs.
- 4Press half of the mixture (2 1/2 cups) in the bottom of pan.
- 5Bake 10 minutes.
- 6Sprinkle chocolate chips over baked layer.
- 7Drop frosting by tablespoonfuls over chocolate chips.
- 8Stir milk into remaining cake mixture.
- 9Drop by teaspoons onto frosting layer.
- 10Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until cake portion is slightly dry to touch; cool completely.
- 11Refrigerate until firm.
- 12For 48 bars, cut into 8 rows by 6 rows.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for German Chocolate Bars
Serving Size: 1 (1362 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 125.3
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 6.9 mg
- Sodium 107.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 11.1 g
- Protein 0.7 g