1/1 Photo of Garlic Cheese Quick Bread
1 hr 10 mins
Found this recipe in Taste of Home when looking for a fast bread to serve with dinner. My husband thought it tasted kinda sweet, and I was expecting it to taste the garlic more, but we both thought it was good. As with most quick breads I think this tastes better after it cools, however it does not stay fresh for more than a day or two so eat it quick! The original recipe called for self rising flour, which I never have on hand, so I just used regular flour and added the baking powder and salt...so it can be made using self rising flour--just don't add the baking powder and salt.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients and cheese.
- 2In another bowl, whisk the milk, oil and egg.
- 3Stir liquid mixture into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 4Pour into a greased 9-in.x 5-in. loaf pan.
- 5Bake at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- 6Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic Cheese Quick Bread
Serving Size: 1 (129 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 470.1
- Calories from Fat 170
- Total Fat 18.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 59.3 mg
- Sodium 596.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 8.6 g
- Protein 14.2 g