1 hr 3 mins
When I came up with this, my family offered to pay me to make it again on the spot. It's a savory, yet tangy herbed bread best cooked (strangely enough) on a barbecue pit, but oven directions are provided. If cooking on grill, place on higher rack if available. If you like a cheesier bread, try upping the asiago to 1/3 of a cup. Great for parties, can be cut down into snack-sized bites. Wait until it's completely cooled, and it even makes good sandwich bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 300°F.
- 2Cut bread loaf in half, lengthwise, set aside.
- 3Using a fork, fold garlic, rosemary, thyme, basil, parsley, pepper and salt into butter until well mixed. Let stand 10 minutes.
- 4Fold in sun dried tomatoes, asiago cheese. Let stand 30 minutes.
- 5Using a large butter or bread knife, spread mixture over bread halves.
- 6Wrap halves individually in heavy-duty aluminum foil.
- 7Bake at 300°F for 15 minutes.
- 8Remove from oven and open foil.
- 9Set oven to Broil.
- 10Broil until cheese is barely golden.
- 11Let cool 10 minutes before cutting into 2-inch sections for serving.
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic and Sun-Dried Tomato Cheese Bread
Serving Size: 1 (11 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 117.6
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 13.5 mg
- Sodium 214.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 2.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: