Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I got this recipe with a food processor many years ago and have been using it ever since. I assumed I'd find it posted here already. However, I've just reviewed 7 pages of zucchini bread recipes, and didn't find one with the same ratio of standard ingredients. I love the flavor and texture, and decided to post here for future reference.
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease and flour a 9 X 5 loaf pan.
- Chop or slice walnuts (I use the food processor slicer blade) and set aside.
- Shred zucchini and set aside.
- In a food processor bowl (with knife blade), or mixer bowl, add oil, sugar, eggs, vanilla, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and baking powder. Process or mix until just blended.
- Add flour to the bowl. Process or mix just until incorporated into the batter.
- Add zucchini and walnuts, and stir by hand just until they're mixed in . Pour batter into the loaf pan and bake until the loaf tests done, about 1 1/4 hours.
Thank you Pan Nan for a recipe that is delicious, healthful and easy to make: what more could I ask for? For the flour I substituted half with whole wheat patry flour.
Excellent! Made it for my husbands family, and they loved it! Omitted the walnuts. First time around I made it exactly following the recipe(other than the walnuts) and it was great. Second time around, I made it with half white flour and half wheat flour, and added 1/8 cup extra white flour. It was even better! A little less chewy, more melt in your mouth. But both were definitely 5 stars!