1/3 Photos of G. G.'s Butter Cookies
1 hr 10 mins
GG stands for Great Grandmother and these cookies have been handed down from generation to generation in our family. As a rule, they are only made at Christmas, but upon an occasion they have been made for Easter too. (Cookie yield & baking time actually depends on what size cookie cutters are used). Decorating the cookies is half the fun and can get quite involved.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream butter.
- 2Gradually beat in sugar.
- 3Add egg yolks one at a time, mixing with butter/sugar mixture.
- 4Add flour gradually, mixing well.
- 5Add vanilla.
- 6Refrigerate dough until chilled.
- 7Roll out 4" piece of dough with enough flour so as dough does not stick to rolling pin or rolling surface.
- 8Cut into shapes and place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- 9Refrigerate extra dough and remove from refrigeration as used.
- 10Paint each cookie with egg whites and then decorate with colored sugar.
- 11Bake at 350° F for 10 - 12 minutes.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for G. G.'s Butter Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (24 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 104.1
- Calories from Fat 49
- Total Fat 5.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 29.2 mg
- Sodium 6.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 1.4 g