1/2 Photos of Funny Cake
Funny cake is kind of a cake/pie combination, as is Shoo-fly pie. It has a cake "filling" surrounded by a pie crust. Also, like shoo fly pie, it has a "wet bottom" - a layer of chocolate goo between the pie crust bottom and the cake top.... and funny cake is very, very good!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 unbaked 8-inch pie shells
Chocolate bottom layer
- 1Combine bottom layer ingredients in a saucepan.
- 2Cook, stirring constantly just to boilng, lower heat and simmer gently 2 to 3 minutes.
- 3Set aside.
- 4For cake layer, blend eggs, sugar& butter.
- 5Beat 2 to 3 minutes.
- 6Alternately beat in milk& flour/baking powder mix.
- 7Add vanilla.
- 8Pour into unbaked pie shells.
- 9Pour chocolate mixture over top of batter.
- 10Chocolate will be very runny but will thicken and"sink" below batter as it bakes.
- 11Bake at 350º for 35 to 40 minutes.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Funny Cake
Serving Size: 1 (2087 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2367.9
- Calories from Fat 890
- Total Fat 98.9 g
- Saturated Fat 37.3 g
- Cholesterol 216.7 mg
- Sodium 1540.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 341.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.0 g
- Sugars 167.4 g
- Protein 31.6 g