I love using oatmeal instead of white flour. It is a whole grain and adds moist chewiness to baked goods as well as being good for you. These easy brownies are super-easy to make.
- Preheat oven to 350 and butter an 8 x 8 pan.
- Melt butter in a glass bowl in the microwave.
- Meanwhile, process oatmeal in a food processor or clean coffee grinder for a few moments till it is more flour-like.
- Add the cocoa to the melted butter and mix well.
- Stir in the sugar.
- Stir in the egg.
- Stir in the oat flour and vanilla.
- The batter will be rather stiff. Spread it evenly in the buttered pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes.