Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I love using oatmeal instead of white flour. It is a whole grain and adds moist chewiness to baked goods as well as being good for you. These easy brownies are super-easy to make.
- Preheat oven to 350 and butter an 8 x 8 pan.
- Melt butter in a glass bowl in the microwave.
- Meanwhile, process oatmeal in a food processor or clean coffee grinder for a few moments till it is more flour-like.
- Add the cocoa to the melted butter and mix well.
- Stir in the sugar.
- Stir in the egg.
- Stir in the oat flour and vanilla.
- The batter will be rather stiff. Spread it evenly in the buttered pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
Really like the texture on these. Fudgy and chewy. Plus really simple to make. And I love the fact that it has oatmeal in it. Next time I may throw in some nuts or chocolate chips. I also used a mix of brown and regular sugar. They seemed a wee bit flat to me, but not so bad. I may also try adding a bit of baking powder next time, but its definitely not a must. Over all a great recipe and I'm happy with the result. Will be making this again!
Great chocolate flavor and crazy quick to make. I cut the sugar by a 1/4 cup and didn't miss it. The texture is a little different than most brownies, but not in a bad way. Thanks for posting the recipe, I would make them again for sure.
These were so delicious. Sweet and gooey. I only used 2/3 cup sugar (it was sweet enough that way!), added about 1/4 tsp. of baking soda, and the oats I used were just plain rolled oats. I used unsweetened cocoa also. I had a circular pan so it only took 20 minutes. The only reason for the 4 stars is that they crumbled immediately and we ended up eating them with a spoon. But after putting the leftovers in the fridge they cut into squares perfectly and tasted amazing! I recommend this completely.