Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
These brownies are awesome. Nice rich chocolately flavor.
Make and share this Fudgy Brownies from Scratch recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease and flour 9x13 inch pan.
- In a large bowl, stir together the cocoa and baking soda, add 1/3 c veg oil and boiling water. Mix until well blended and thickened.
- Stir in the sugar, eggs, and remaining 1/3 c veg oil. Mix together.
- Finally add the flour, vanilla, and salt. mix just until all of the flour is absorbed.
- Spread evenly in prepared pan.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow to cool before cutting.
I made this recipe this morning almost exactly how the recipe indicated with one change: I baked them in a 9x9 pan for 40 minutes. They are moist and delicious. they didn't rise as much as I was expecting but that doesn't matter. They were great!
WAY too much oil used in this recipe. I'd say cut it in half. I ended up with brownies that were swimming in oil. It rose to the top and sides. There was so much oil that it never fully cooked either.
I followed the ingredients exactly and baked for 35 minutes in a 9x9 pan. They came out dry and cake like, not sweet at all. They also didn't rise at all so if I hadn't baked in a 9x9 pan they would have only been about 1/4" thick. Eww. I will not be making these again.