Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I got this recipe from a woman my mother works with. It is a great dessert for the hot summer months. The last time I served this I set up an ice cream sunday buffet (chopped nuts, sprinkles, cool whip, cherries, etc...) and let everyone add their own toppings.
- Bake the brownie of your choice, as directed on package, in a 9 x 13 pan. Let brownie cool – while brownie is baking set out ice cream to soften.
- Spread softened ice cream over cooled brownie and place in freezer.
- Combine powdered sugar, chocolate chips, evaporated milk and butter in medium saucepan, bring to a boil. Cook 8 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Let cool 1 hour.
- Pour fudge mixture over ice cream and sprinkle with chopped nuts then return to freezer until fudge topping is completely cooled (about 30 minutes).
- Serve right out of freezer.
A very nice frozen dessert to have on hand ~ serving it like a sundae buffet is a fun idea I'll remember as a treat for my grandchildren! I used a cup of toasted walnuts ~ way more than the recipe called for because I like nuts! I made the chocolate sauce in the microwave; nuked the butter and semi-sweet chocolate chips for 1 minute ~ stirred in the milk and powdered sugar and microwaved for 8 minutes ~ added the vanilla and chopped toasted walnuts, and let it cool for over an hour! I froze it overnight, then served it with pineapple chunks, cherries, and caramel sauce ~ made for one of my 2009 Fall PAC adoptions!