I got this recipe from a woman my mother works with. It is a great dessert for the hot summer months. The last time I served this I set up an ice cream sunday buffet (chopped nuts, sprinkles, cool whip, cherries, etc...) and let everyone add their own toppings.
- Bake the brownie of your choice, as directed on package, in a 9 x 13 pan. Let brownie cool – while brownie is baking set out ice cream to soften.
- Spread softened ice cream over cooled brownie and place in freezer.
- Combine powdered sugar, chocolate chips, evaporated milk and butter in medium saucepan, bring to a boil. Cook 8 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Let cool 1 hour.
- Pour fudge mixture over ice cream and sprinkle with chopped nuts then return to freezer until fudge topping is completely cooled (about 30 minutes).
- Serve right out of freezer.