My husband's sister, Lydia, made this for us one evening and it was great. Not overly sweet, but just a nice, light end to a Sunday diner. You can choose whatever fruit you like best to go on top. The cream cheese portion is quite generous so you may want to cut back a bit if you want a lighter version. Alternatively, you can use any extra as a topping on a fruit salad. This recipe halves well.
For the crust
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup icing sugar
- 2 cups flour
For the topping
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 2⁄3 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup sliced mixed fruit (strawberries, grapes, bananas)
For the glaze
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°F.
- Mix all the ingredients for the crust together and press into a pizza pan, about 14 inches round.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the topping by mixing the cream cheese, white sugar and vanilla together.
- When the pizza crust is cool, spread the topping evenly over it.
- Slice up your choice of fruits and lay them on top of the pizza.
- Make the glaze by mixing the corn starch, juices and sugar together in a saucepan and heating over a medium heat until thick.
- You may have to stir it occasionally.
- Pour over the topped pizza.
- Let sit for five minutes and serve.
This is awesome! The crust just melts in your mouth, but doesn't get soggy. The cream cheese layer is generous and my favorite part! I've made this twice, using different fruits each time, and I really loaded it with fruit-probably doubling it. Also didn't use the glaze; I would probably only use that for apples or bananas since they brown. And I used a rectangular bar pan (I think 12x18) which worked great. This recipe is the absolute best fruit pizza ever. Thanks!