This is a staple in your freezer if you are on a low-sugar diet. It is a favorite of all First Place Members. It taste like a frozen Snicker candy bar. Really simple to make and it only takes minutes to prepare.
- Using a large mixing bowl let the ice cream soften, with an electric mixer mix in the dry pudding mix and peanut butter.
- With a spatula fold in the Cool Whip Lite. Pour into the pie crust.
- Cover the pie with plastic wrap or the dome cover included with the pie crust and place in the freezer for at least two hours.
- Remove from freezer 10 minutes before serving. This can be refrozen.
- Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 meat, 1 1/2 starch, 1 fat.
I used 1 qt box of ice-cream (by accident), so I compromised and made 2 pies. I did not use extra ingredient and it still tasted wonderful. I used Lite Cool Whip, chopped snickers bar and drizzled some lite Choc Syrup on as a topping. OMG this pie was amazing; I forwarded it to all my diabetic friends and family!!!
This is GREAT. I made the filling and put it into glasses and sprinkled some plain graham cracker crumbs on top because I didn't want the added calories and fat from the crust. I used smooth "natural" peanut butter. The result is truly yummy and it looks marvelous in the frosty glasses. This recipe is being saved forever in my Diabetic Pleasures cookbook. Made for PAC, Spring'08. :D