Prep 45 mins
Cook 20 mins
These take a litte effort but my DD is a peanut butter lover and these are her favorite brownies. Got this from Southern Living.
- Cook 1 cup butter and 1/3 cup cocoa in a saucepan over low heat until butter melts, stirring often.
- Remove from heat, and cool slightly.
- Combine sugar, flour, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Add chocolate mixture, and beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until blended.
- Add eggs and vanilla, beating until blended.
- Spread mixture into a greased 15x10 jellyroll pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove lid from peanut butter jar; microwave peanut butter at MEDIUM (50% power) 2 minutes, stirring once.
- Spread over warm brownies.
- Chill 30 minutes.
- Cook remaining 1/2 c.
- butter, milk, and marshmallows in a large saucepan over medium heat, stirring often, until marshmallows melt.
- Remove from heat.
- Whisk in 1/4 cup cocoa; gradually stir in powdered sugar until smooth.
- Spread over peanut butter, and chill 20 minutes.
- Cut into squares.
These turned out really well. The one caution I would mention is the step wherein you microwave the peanut butter. Readers should be aware that many manufacturers today are sealing the jars with inner lids that are lined with a thin layer of metal. If you don't get every last bit of the metal liner off of the jar rim, you could be in for some fireworks inside your microwave - potentially, you could even start a fire and obliterate the oven. Transferring the peanut butter to a microwave-safe bowl is probably a lot safer. A bit more trouble, but a lot safer in the end.
This is a five-star recipe. I make this recipe during the holidays and every brownie gets eaten. Sinfully delicious and well worth my time to make these brownies!
My whole family loved this recipe! Tastes like Reese's peanut Butter Cups.