These take a litte effort but my DD is a peanut butter lover and these are her favorite brownies. Got this from Southern Living.
- Cook 1 cup butter and 1/3 cup cocoa in a saucepan over low heat until butter melts, stirring often.
- Remove from heat, and cool slightly.
- Combine sugar, flour, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Add chocolate mixture, and beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until blended.
- Add eggs and vanilla, beating until blended.
- Spread mixture into a greased 15x10 jellyroll pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove lid from peanut butter jar; microwave peanut butter at MEDIUM (50% power) 2 minutes, stirring once.
- Spread over warm brownies.
- Chill 30 minutes.
- Cook remaining 1/2 c.
- butter, milk, and marshmallows in a large saucepan over medium heat, stirring often, until marshmallows melt.
- Remove from heat.
- Whisk in 1/4 cup cocoa; gradually stir in powdered sugar until smooth.
- Spread over peanut butter, and chill 20 minutes.
- Cut into squares.