Fresh strawberries, gotta love them.
Make and share this Fresh Strawberry Bread recipe from Food.com.
- Cream shortening, sugar and vanilla until fluffy.
- Beat in egg yolks.
- Sift the remaining dry ingredients.
- Add the sifted ingredients alternately with strawberries to creamed mixture.
- Beat whites until stiff but not dry.
- Fold into berry mixture.
- Grease a loaf pan.
- Place batter into pan.
- Bake in a preheated 350Fº oven for about 1 hour.
- Remove to rack to cool.
- Remove from pan after 15 minutes and let cool completely.
- Freezes well.