Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Fresh strawberries, gotta love them.
Make and share this Fresh Strawberry Bread recipe from Food.com.
- Cream shortening, sugar and vanilla until fluffy.
- Beat in egg yolks.
- Sift the remaining dry ingredients.
- Add the sifted ingredients alternately with strawberries to creamed mixture.
- Beat whites until stiff but not dry.
- Fold into berry mixture.
- Grease a loaf pan.
- Place batter into pan.
- Bake in a preheated 350Fº oven for about 1 hour.
- Remove to rack to cool.
- Remove from pan after 15 minutes and let cool completely.
- Freezes well.
Had some fresh strawberries left over from a fruit tray & didn't want them to ruin, so I decided to make this bread. Boy, am I glad I did. It was very easy & delicious ~ especially warm. Definitely a keeper!
really delicious! i was distracted while assembling the ingredients and didnt sift the dry stuff and it still came out great. i assume it likely denser than it would be typically but my family gobbled it up. i also used an old trick of 1/2 cup white and 1/2 cup of brown sugar in place of 1 cup of white sugar. super yummy!
Very moist and tasty cake! Thanks.