Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
A wonderful yummy quick bread made with fresh strawberries and sour cream. Makes a great addition to a brunch table. Recipe found on the internet.
- Cream butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in eggs one at a time, then add sour cream and vanilla.
- Mix well.
- Combine dry ingredients and stir into creamed mixture just until moistened.
- Fold in strawberries and 1/2 c nuts.
- Pour into greased 8x4x2 loaf pan and sprinkle with remaining nuts.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 65 to 70- minutes or until toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes, then remove from pan to wire rack to cool completely.
This was a really simple recipe and the bread turned out really moist. My loaves were a little underdone even though the toothpick came out clean, I think because I used the lowfat sour cream it was too watery. The cinnamon was a little overpowering so next time I will reduce the amount. I gave some to my parents and in-laws and they loved it. All in all a great way to use strawberries.
This recipe is amazing! I have used it with strawberries and with blueberries, I have used an equal mixture of wheat and white flour, I have done the yogurt sub for sour cream...I have accidentally mixed things out of order...this recipe has turned out wonderfully every time. I had to make this once a week every week last summer, sometimes as muffins, and I make it often now as well. Really a recipe that will stay in my cookbook and get passed down. FANTASTIC!
Delicious bread! I've made it several times and I always use plain low fat yogurt instead of sour cream and 1 1/2 cups of strawberries.I like mine a little sweeter so I sprinkle brown sugar on top of the bread before baking.It always turns out very moist and has a wonderful flavor.