This is such a beautiful and easy cake! I was so excited when I flipped it over and WOW - it really is impressive! I can't wait until my husband comes home to see/eat it!
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- Place 6 tablespoons of melted butter in 9" round cake pan, add brown sugar and spread evenly on bottom.
- Arrange plums around the pan overlapping and place blueberries in the center.
- In large bowl, cream remaining butter with sugar and lemon zest, add egg and beat until combined.
- In medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder& salt.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture in three batches, alternating with the milk.
- Pour batter into cake pan and spread evenly over plums.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean- about 50 minutes.
- Cool 10 minutes.
- Let cool 10 minutes, then invert to plate.
This is such an easy cake recipe & it was delishious! I don't have a 9" cake pan so I used an 8" cast iron skillet & it worked great. Thanks for posting.
Wow!! What a moist cake. It has great flavors. Very easy to make. I will be making this again. I wanted to mention that I used my iron skillet to make this. I think thats why it turned out so dark. Thank You for posting.
Pretty and quite tasty! My husband even said "better than what I expected" ;) I had rather large plums, so just used 2 and one was really juicy. All my blueberries floated to the top (bottom when turned over). Had to use the cake flour sub (used 2 Tbsp cornstarch and filled in the rest with AP flour) and used lemon extract in place of lemon zest. Oh, and used buttermilk powder/water. With all those subs, it still turned out well.